The Ultimate Guide to Dating Austrian Women
The first thing that comes to my mind when someone mentions Austria is Vienna Boys’ Choir, or Mozart, or Bagels, but certainly not women.
To be honest I just grouped them with German girls.
However, in the summer of 2017 I planned my first visit to Vienna, and I couldn’t help but wonder, are Austrian girls the same? Clean and pretty, but also cold, reserved and a little annoying?
With this stereotype in mind, I figured that my chances to score in Austria were low.
Still, I am not the one to give up that easily, so I did a little research and decided to step up my game to get lucky.
And, oh boy, I got lucky indeed!
In this guide, I'm going to share everything you need to know before you try to score a one-night-stand or dive into dating in Austria. Pay attention and get your notepad out.
Austrian Girls – hot or not?
Close your eyes and imagine a big buffet. That is basically what awaits you in the Austrian streets and bars.
Whatever your definition of hot and sexy is, you can find it here, but you’ll need some game.
Austrian women come in all beautiful shapes and sizes. Short ones, tall ones, blond haired, dark-haired, freckled redheads, fit, skinny, fat, — you name it and you’ll find it.
The best girls are really good looking, but the average is relatively low, especially compared to Eastern European Girls next door. If you expect a parade of sexy girls such as Mirjam Weichselbraun, Anna Huber, Silvia Hackl or Nadine Leopold, just lounging around, I'm afraid you will be disappointed.
There is a great diversity in appearance, for sure. We can thank the genetic influx during the Habsburg years for that. Hungarian, Czech, Romanian, Slovakian, Croatian, Serbian, Italian and Turkish blood mixes with Germanic roots in this place.
Still, on average, Austrian girls are precisely that – average looking, bland, maybe even a bit chubby.
Fortunately, for you and me, there are lots and lots of international students here, so even if you don’t like the locals, you will find something for yourself.
You will come across numerous girls that are the typical representative of dark-haired Balkan beauty, but also classic European blond girls with gentle physique.
Mix the average girls that you’ve seen on the streets of Budapest and Prague, with the average hotties from Berlin or Zurich, add some sugar, spice, and everything nice - and the result is your yet-to-be-explored Austrian women population.
If I have to rank girls from different German-speaking countries, I would say native Austrian women (so, not foreign girls who study here, not to be confused) have their place right in the middle. They are sexier, more beautiful and bit less masculine than Swiss women, but on the other side, less attractive than Germans who are skinnier, taller, more feminine, and have amazing legs.
So, if you aim to score a girl that bursts with sex appeal and is more than just “bangable” go to Munich rather than Vienna.
To top things off, as a special treat, Austria will offer you an admirable percentage of MILFs. You’ll see that Austrian men are not very protective of their women, so you’ll have a real chance for a wild ride on the cougar side, if you catch my drift.
What are the best places for night-game in Vienna?
Even though Vienna may seem much more polite and uptight than Budapest, Prague or Berlin, the nightlife here is still full of possibilities. Girls might be a bit closed off at first, but they are quick to become physically intimate, and I like that kind of challenge, to be honest.
However, whether you are aiming for a one-night-stand or searching for a perfect girl to date, you’ll need a place to prey and practice your game.
The first thing you should remember is that if you find yourself in Vienna at the beginning of October or March, you are guaranteed to have a good time. This is when the Erasmus “buddy week” happens, which is practically the initiation week for foreign students. So, everyone will be a bit more loose than regular, and even if your game is weak, you might manage to score a hottie for yourself.
During the rest of the year, these are the places you should definitely hit:
- Around Museumsquartier you will find solid clubs, for example, the Donau. If you like the alternative scene, cool vibe, and techno, you will have a chance to find chicks here every day of the week. Entrance is hard to find for a first-timer, but you’ll manage.
- Lutz is another excellent choice, especially on Tuesdays. MILFS will be waiting for you in the bar upstairs, while downstairs you will come across some younger and exceptionally hot girls. Just don’t be afraid to talk to them even if they look cold and harsh in the beginning. That is a part of their charm and flirtation.
- Schwedenplatz offers numerous opportunities. Small bars and clubs such as Gnadenlos or Kaktus will never let you down. They are packed on the weekends, and they should at least be your last resort when all the other places are dead. These are a well-known hunting ground, as well. If you want to try something a bit different, Fledermaus is a good suggestion.
- You can get lucky in the bars along the U6 (underground Line 6) too. If you are on a limited budget or looking for fun on Wednesdays, Loco has your back. They offer tons of drink specials so you can often get a mojito for 0.5€. You realize what this means? Tipsy girls, ready to flirt! Loco is considered to be a place for smooth players, so keep in mind that expectations are set high.
- Ride Club is a neighbor to Loco and has a similar vibe. You should hit this place on Mondays if you want to get with some foreign students because this is when Erasmus-Party night happens!
- You can also try your luck in the bars along the Gürtel (at metro station Nußdorferstr, and from Alserstraße to Thaliastraße). Chelsea, B72, and Kju are the ones you should check out. They are narrow and get insanely crowded on weekends. On Mondays, Kju might even be your best option in town.
- If you prefer to chill and play rather than sweat and dance, I’d recommend TravelShack. This place has Erasmus night on Tuesdays, and they serve some ridiculous shots! Locals say you might even end up getting slapped in the face if you dare to order the “Chuck Norris” drink. You will get the most numbers, make-outs, and one night stands here. They have a bar, billiards section, a dancefloor, and a karaoke room, which means you can befriend different types of girls. Don’t be surprised if some of them approach you first and play along!
- Pratersauna and Flex are bars on the more alternative end of the spectrum. I know many people who love it there. It is located down on the main canal, so you could say that location is kind of romantic and cool, at the same time.
- You can also find some huge dance clubs, such as Praterdome, but the girls here are often very rude.
In short, that would be the best places for a night game. If you want more information, I recommend you to consult this fantastic event calendar, which will give you plenty of ideas.
Day-game is a real option in Vienna
If you are smooth enough, or you have a good wingman, Vienna is an excellent place to test your day-game skills.
The best place to pick up girls during the day and the place where you can expect tremendous and quick results too is Schwedenplatz/Stephanplatz area. Me and my buddies nicknamed it the "Polish square," because girls here are as open to sex as beautiful Polish free-spirits.
Another solid option is the Mariahilferstraße. This street is always full of people and has numerous shops, where you can casually approach girls without looking like a creep.
If you prefer chill atmosphere, with groups of girls sitting on the grass enjoying sun and summer breeze, Museumsquartier’s courtyard will serve you right. Day and night, you can always find people here, and they are often very welcoming, and open to newcomers. The beautiful park next to the Palmenhaus will offer you the same vibe.
If you are smooth enough, or you have a good wingman, Vienna is an excellent place to test your day-game skills.
The best place to pick up girls during the day and the place where you can expect tremendous and quick results too is Schwedenplatz/Stephanplatz area. Me and my buddies nicknamed it the "Polish square," because women here are as open to sex as beautiful Polish free-spirits.
What to expect from Austrian girls – personality-wise?
Okay, I told you how Austrian girls look and where you can find them. However, you know nothing about them yet. Well fortunately for you I dated a girl and hung out with her friends so I can give some pro-tips in this area.
This is the section where I introduce you to typical Austrian personality and what you need to do to get them into bed.
Here’s what you need to know:
Austrian girls are not particularly friendly. They might even seem a bit boring in the beginning because of their hard-to-get act. If they reject you, they can be pretty harsh about it. However, there is plenty of fish in the sea, especially in Vienna, so learn how to accept rejection and try some other girl. Don’t be a prick.
Still, you’ll have to learn to see the difference between rejection and their typical humor. Austrian women can be cold and cynical. They often use sarcasm while flirting, so don’t get intimidated.
On the other hand, they are way more open than German or Swiss women. If you strike the conversation with the ones with Eastern European descendants (Czech, Croatia, Slovakia, Serbia), you’ll have zero problems. They are funny, good-looking, laid-back and overall charming. Still, Austria is not a place where you can score something with zero games. This might be possible in Poland or Thailand, but here, you have to be creative and show some effort.
Fortunately, if they do like you, sex happens quickly. They are open about it and are rather approachable in bars or nightclubs. This is not surprising as they love to party! Hot Austrian girls can drink a lot or enjoy party drugs at raves and clubs.
I have great news for you. As the Manswers Show reported a few years ago, Austrian girls are most likely to give head. According to a University of Chicago study, only 17% percent of women in the US enjoy performing oral sex. As opposed to 24% in Hong Kong and 80% in Austria! I’m not quite sure if this data is real or fake, but my experience proves this theory, and I hope yours will as well.
If you are spending more than a few days in Austria, I recommend you to visit Tyrol, Graz, and Salzburg. Their girls are much more chill than the ones from Vienna. As I said, girls in Vienna love to party, but they are sometimes way too posh which might be a little weird for you.
In the end, I have to admit; there are some disturbing similarities with the Vienna Boys Choir! 🙂
Online Dating in Austria
Online dating is quite prevalent and there are many online dating sites and apps in today's world.
One site you can try is International Cupid. This site stands out from many others as it is a site aimed at international dating, meaning the girls on this site that you match with are interested in dating foreign men and expect you to speak English.
Austrian girls love to chat, even if you are not in their country yet and they are often the first ones to call you out on a date. Tinder Passport upgrade is another good way to date online
So, there are many opportunities ahead of you; you just have to be creative. Finding a one-night-stand is simple in Austria, but girls won’t just fall into your lap.
A few more things to have in mind
So, there is no point in trying in Vienna if you’ve got no game.
Here are some tips that could help you:
- Austrian girls tend to be super-proud of their country. If you know anything about Alps and skiing, that will be one of your most significant advantages. Also, if you come from a country that has a lot of snow, such as Canada, they will easily relate to your experience and accept you quickly.
- You don’t have to worry if you don’t speak German. Basically, everyone speaks English here. Especially younger girls, under 30 years old. Out of respect, I would still recommend you to ask if they speak English before proceeding.
- ·Austria has a high rate of smokers and girls do believe they look sexy with a cigarette. If this isn’t a turn off for you, you can approach by asking them to lend you their lighter. When a girl does you a small favor, she believes that she has the upper hand, and this is often an excellent way to start the game. Fortunately, Austrian girls seem to love to help others, so there’s no harm in acting a little lost and helpless if that gets you into their sheets.
Are you ready to book your ticket to Austria and give empirical evidence to the blowjob study?
In my opinion, it is not the best country for getting laid or dating, but it is not bad either. The girls are fairly pretty, can sometimes be boring, but it’s up to you to choose wisely or try to make things a bit more interesting.
Still, I believe you won’t go home without at least a few flags.
Remember, they are prettier than Swiss girls, less open than Hungarian or Polish ones, less feminine than Germans but cleaner and calmer than Italian or Spanish women.
If you ask me, the perfect word to describe Austrian women would well-groomed. You have to admit, that is an admirable quality.
So, you could say they are average and not particularly demanding, but sometimes that is just what a man needs.
As far as online dating goes, if you're looking for a girl that's seriously interested in dating a foreign man, try International Cupid.
One last thing you should know before you go: the most common girl names here are Julia, Anna, Lisa, Sarah, Sophie, Laura, Vanessa, Katharina, Nicole, and Victoria. You can always approach a girl, ask if her name is Anna and say you confused her with someone else and see how that plays out.
That’s all from me for today.
Good luck, may you leave Austria with a bang!